The Coinbase Earn program is a crypto rewards system targeted at eligible Coinbase Account holders who are willing to learn and earn. It incentivizes learning by rewarding those eligible Coinbase users for their effort in the study and mastery of lessons gained from the educational content provided by the program.
- I. Why Coinbase Earn?
- II. How does Coinbase Earn stand out against other learn-to-earn programs
- III. Coinbase Earn Benefits
- IV. How does Coinbase Earn Work?
- V. How do you get started?
- VI. Pros and Cons
- VII. Other earning opportunities that Coinbase offers
- Other useful resources
- FAQs about Coinbase Earn
I. Why Coinbase Earn?
Coinbase Earn is geared towards providing Coinbase users with the necessary knowledge required to enjoy the many opportunities and benefits available on one of the world’s largest digital currency exchanges.
Why should you participate in Coinbase Earn program?
What is in this program for you? There are several goodies for you:
- The opportunity to acquire crucial knowledge in the fintech and crypto space
- The opportunity to achieve income-earning grades
- The opportunity to earn in different cryptocurrencies is based on the lessons that you take. Thus, you have a great opportunity to easily build a basic crypto portfolio while still learning.
- You get free cryptocurrencies that you would have otherwise spent your money to buy.
II. How does Coinbase Earn stand out against other learn-to-earn programs
Unlike reward programs offered by many cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinbase Earn stands out on the following basis:
- Fintech-knowledge-based – no clutter! It gets straight to the point. It is not a know-it-all program. It is customized and focused on the fintech niche.
- Learn as you earn – the learning process is an earning process. Unlike other education programs, you don’t have to start earning after graduation. And you don’t have to get income elsewhere.
- Perpetual earning rewards – whatever your rewards, they have unlimited growth potential. Some people earned $3 worth of cryptocurrency a few years ago which has risen in value to $120 making almost 40 times in capital gains and continues to grow.
- More earning opportunities. You can use the cryptos that you earn to trade and invest in many other ways including staking, lending, trading, etc.
What are the key features that bring about this uniqueness?
Coinbase Earn has excellent features that make it attractive. The following are some of them:
- Relevant educational content – this is the most important Coinbase earn feature. Content is king. This program makes you stay on top of the content that flows in the fintech world.
- Video lessons – each video lesson is based on a short video that makes you stay alert.
- Coin-based quizzes – you can take quizzes relevant to the crypto coin that you want to acquire
- Incentivized learning – the rewards keep you wanting to learn more
III. Coinbase Earn Benefits
Yes, Coinbase Earn is a win-win program that benefits both the platform and its user base. Informed Coinbase users are able to make shrewd decisions that expand their investment portfolio for greater returns. In this process, Coinbase increases its profits through transaction fees, trading fees, and other charges. This is a symbiotic relationship in which both the investors and the Coinbase platform grow their wealth in a mutually beneficial way. After all, you can’t invest if you don’t know what it is to invest in. And you can’t invest if you don’t know how to do it.
Knowledge-wise, you become:
- An informed fintech stakeholder
- A shrewd investor
- Smart trader
- Get a lot of freebies, including sign-up bonuses and Coinbase airdrop, among others
- Earn by simply referring others to the program and other opportunities provided by the platform. Just join the referral program.
IV. How does Coinbase Earn Work?
Coinbase Earn is a program that allows users to learn about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology while earning those cryptocurrencies. Users watch educational videos and complete quizzes to earn cryptocurrencies, which are then deposited into their Coinbase account.
Types of Monetary Rewards
The reward comes in form of various cryptocurrencies depending on the quiz that you are answering. Some of these cryptocurrency rewards include:
- Free bitcoins
- Free stellar lumens
- Free BAT (Basic Attention Token)
Other supported cryptos include Litecoin, USD Coin, and bitcoin cash, among others.
How much can you earn?
The earnings vary depending on the quiz that you are answering. The minimum earning per quiz is about $3 with a maximum being about $12.
You earn the dollar value equivalent worth of crypto. For example, $3 worth of free bitcoins, $6 worth of free stellar lumens, or $9 worth of free Basic Attention Token, etc.
What can you do with your earnings?
Well, there are many different ways by which you can utilize your earnings. You can either convert your savings into your local fiat currency. But the whole reason Coinbase pays you for the courses is so that you start using their platform to trade. I’ll talk about this later but, first, let me walk you through how to get started.
V. How do you get started?
Getting started on Coinbase Earn Program is easy. Just take the following few steps:
1. Meet the eligibility criteria
Coinbase Earn is only available to eligible Coinbase users. Thus, you’ve got to meet the eligibility requirements to benefit.
To be eligible, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Have an eligible Coinbase Account
- Have your personal details verified – these include your Photo and ID verification
- Meet the anti-fraud and compliance requirements
- Be domiciled in an eligible country.
Coinbase Earn users need to be domiciled in the following countries:
- The Americas: Canada, and the United States.
- Europe: Poland, The Netherlands, Slovakia, Iceland, Greece, Czech Republic, Norway, Italy, The United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Malta, Austria, Switzerland, Cyprus, Portugal, France, Ireland, Latvia, Estonia, Sweden, Luxembourg, Denmark, Lithuania, Belgium, Spain, Finland, Romania, Hungary, and Liechtenstein.
- Oceania: New Zealand and Australia
- Asia: Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan.
2. Open an eligible Coinbase account
Once you are certain that you meet all the eligibility criteria, the next thing to do is to open an eligible Coinbase Account.
- Go to the top-right corner of the home page and click on the “Sign In” button.
- Fill in the form with the required details including name, password, and email address, among others)
- Provide your phone number
- Confirm your phone verification by entering the OTP sent to you
- Prove your identity by entering the required ID details
- For US citizens, you have to provide your Social Security Number to proceed.
- Upon successful account creation, proceed to provide your bank account details for purposes of enabling deposits and withdrawals
You can also open a Coinbase account by using its mobile app. Just download the Coinbase App.
3. Start learning
Just like most educational programs, this is a 4-step process:
- Answer quizzes
- Pass the test
(a) Enroll in program
There are two routes to enrolling in the program:
- The direct route
- The referral route
The direct route
This is the normal route you take when you already have a Coinbase Account or simply open it. It is probably longer than the referral route if you don’t have the Coinbase Account already.
With the Coinbase Account, simply apply to join the Coinbase Earn. Visit the Coinbase Earn page and submit your application via the provided form. You will receive an email confirming whether you are eligible or not.
The referral route
In this route, you simply get a Coinbase referral link either from someone that you know or from promotional sites.
With the referral link, you will need to:
- Be eligible
- Complete at least one task from the Coinbase Earn campaign from which you received the link.
The educational content for the study comes in two main forms:
- Text materials
- Video lessons
Read relevant materials and watch a short video specific to the quiz that you are about to take. Once you are confident, go ahead and answer the quizzes.
(c) Answer the quizzes
These are short quizzes that test your understanding of a specific topic. For example, a specific blockchain concept (e.g., blockchain ledger, crypto wallet, etc.) a specific crypto asset (Stellar Lumens, Basic Attention Token, etc.)
When you pass a quiz, your account is automatically credited with the amount of reward assigned to that quiz.
4. Reap your earnings
It is time to enjoy your gains. How do you gain in a beneficial way: You can cash it, save it, trade it, or invest it. The choice is yours. But, before you harvest your gains, you need to have a Coinbase Wallet – this is your harvest basket.
You can choose to:
- Cash it – via bank transfer
- Save it – in a crypto wallet
- Trade it – on your desired trading platforms
- Invest it – in a diversified investment portfolio
The choice is yours.
5. Invest your learning into more earnings
Must you become a perpetual learner? Well, learning is endless. It is your choice. Yet, you don’t have to be perpetually glued to Coinbase Earn – that’s not its purpose. The purpose is for you to become a shrewd investor and trader. It is for you to invest your learning into more earnings.
VI. Pros and Cons
Coinbase Earn – just like a coin, has two sides – the pros and the cons. They both make it what it is. It is up to you to balance out and reap maximum gains.
- User-friendly interface – The interface is beginner-friendly as it is easy to use. New users will find it easy and effortless to use the Coinbase platform.
- Most trusted digital currencies – Coinbase takes time to evaluate currencies and only lists those currencies that have proven their worth. Thus, investors are not exposed to the risk of buying vacuous assets. Some of the trusted cryptocurrencies on Coinbase include bitcoin, bitcoin cash, Litecoin, and USD Coin, among others.
- High liquidity – Coinbase is one of the most liquid exchanges in the crypto market today. Transactions worth millions of dollars are executed daily on this crypto-exchange platform thus ensuring that you can liquidate your assets without unnecessary delay due to lack of cash.
- Fiat currency support – major fiat currencies supported e.g., US dollar, Sterling Pound, Euro, etc.
- Multiple deposit and withdrawal options – PayPal, Debit Card, Credit Card, Wire transfer, SEPA compliant, etc.
- Limited jurisdiction –Coinbase Earn is not available in most countries of the world. Focused on Europe and North America with just a couple of exceptions.
- Relatively higher transaction fees – charges high fees compared to some other cryptocurrency exchanges
- Lack of anonymity – you have to provide sensitive personal identity details
- Lack of wallet sovereignty – you have no control over your wallet.
VII. Other earning opportunities that Coinbase offers
Apart from rewarding you for learning Coinbase also offers the following
- Sign-up bonuses: You probably have already enjoyed the benefit of being rewarded with up to $5 worth of bitcoins just for signing up for a Coinbase account. You can invite others to join and also get to benefit – while you earn from this effort.
- Referral bonus: Join the Coinbase Referral Program as an affiliate. You will then be given affiliate links that you will share with those whom you would like to join and enjoy Coinbase benefits. Each referrer can gain up to $10 worth of bitcoins as sign-up bonuses.
- Crypto reward: Receive 4% of your favorite crypto by simply using the Coinbase Visa Debit Card to transact.
- Staking rewards: If you enrolled with Coin Earn and successfully answered Tezos quizzes, you are more likely to have earned some Tezos Coins (XTZ). You can maximize your earnings on XTZ by staking them on Coinbase. Probably, you may need to buy more of these coins to meet the minimum required threshold for staking.
- Coinbase Pro Exchange: Here you are not only able to trade at a relatively lower fee but also have more options for earning big. You are able to do Margin trading with an augmented margin that is up to 3 times bigger compared to what is available to ordinary traders. Furthermore, you have better access to sophisticated trading tools that improves your chances of netting higher gains while reducing risks of loss. Such tools include automated market orders, stop orders, and limit orders at less cost.
In conclusion, Coinbase Earn is an innovative program that provides users with an opportunity to learn about cryptocurrencies while earning them. With Coinbase Earn, users can expand their knowledge of blockchain technology and earn free cryptocurrency in the process. Whether you are new to the world of cryptocurrency or a seasoned trader, Coinbase Earn is an excellent way to explore new digital assets and earn rewards. As we head into 2023, Coinbase Earn will likely continue to grow and offer more opportunities for users to learn about and earn crypto. If you are interested in taking part, sign up for Coinbase today and start your crypto learning journey.
Other useful resources
- What is ATH Crypto
- What Is a Crypto Address
- How to Get Crypto Price Alerts
- Why Is Cryptocurrency Worth Anything
- APR vs. APY in Crypto
FAQs about Coinbase Earn
Can you actually make money on Coinbase earn?
Yes, it is possible to make money on Coinbase Earn. Coinbase Earn rewards users with free cryptocurrency for completing educational tasks such as watching videos and taking quizzes. The amount of cryptocurrency you can earn varies depending on the program you participate in, but it can be a significant amount of money. For example, at the time of writing this, users can earn up to $19 worth of Compound (COMP) tokens by completing the Compound Earn program on Coinbase.
Is Coinbase earn free?
Yes, there are no monetary prerequisites for you to participate in coinbase earn.
Is Coinbase earn for everyone?
No, Coinbase earn is not available for everyone. To check eligibility sign up for a coinbase account and visit https://www.coinbase.com/learning-rewards. Most likely, if you are an existing customer you will not have the option to earn rewards.