Webull does not offer XRP to its customers.
Webull Financial LLC’s website provides lots of opportunities for both traders and investors. Having established its roots on the foundation of traditional stocks and securities, Webull has extended its tentacles into the world of cryptocurrencies.
However, it has a limited range of crypto-based digital assets on offer. Its crypto-based financial products include Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), USD Coin (USDC), Dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB). As you can tell, the Ripple (XRP) coin is not on the list of offerings.
XRP, founded by the Ripples Lab, is number 6 in terms of the current market cap ranking of all cryptos in the world. This means that XRP trading is the 6th largest by trading volume.
The XRP ledger was designed to facilitate the exchange of value between financial institutions across the globe. This is why XRP is often used by financial institutions to enable cross-border digital asset trading and settlement.
If it were to be listed on Webull, it would facilitate cross-border transactions between a trader’s Webull account and bank account. Compared to using credit cards or a debit card, XRP would result in lower cross-border trading fees.
XRP’s strong value proposition accompanied by its position makes it a viable and lucrative digital asset.
Why isn’t XRP on Webull, yet?
XRP has been dogged by a litany of legal tussles involving the regulatory authorities, prominent of them being the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
SEC filed a lawsuit against Ripple Labs in the year 2020 alleging that Ripple was trading as a security token without having registered as such with the SEC. In early December last year (2023) Ripple got a reprieve from the Court’s ruling which deemed that XRP is not a security token for so long as it is issued to individual investors, but it becomes a security token when issued to institutional investors. However, as of the time of writing, the SEC has appealed the decision.
This legal limbo has discouraged those trading platforms that deal in traditional stocks and securities (and thus under constant scrutiny by the SEC) from listing XRP until this legal issue is settled.
What alternatives to XRP can you use on Webull?
While Webull still keeps XRP in abeyance pending the final determination of XRP’s legal status, there are great alternatives on Webull’s listing that you can use.
USDC, DOGE, and SHIB come up as competing alternatives. This is due to their low value compared to BTC, ETH, and LTC. Furthermore, like XRP, they were designed to be more of currencies than stores of value. This is ideal for those who want to use cryptos as a medium of exchange – to convert traditional financial products into cryptos for purposes of trading in the crypto market.
Nonetheless, for those who want to acquire crypto digital assets as a means of storing value, then BTC, ETH, and LTC fit the bill.
What makes Webull an ideal place for XRP alternatives?
Ripple’s XRP would have found Webull a natural home, save for the legal challenges that it currently faces. Nonetheless, XRP alternatives have found it a place to prosper.
The following key factors make Webull stand out as an ideal place for XRP and its alternatives:
1. Strong security framework
By design, Webull architecture has a robust financial, organizational, and legal security framework.
(a) Financial security framework
By isolating conventional financial products from crypto products, Webull has shielded these conventional products from the high risks of market volatility characteristic of the crypto market. While this isolation may seem a disadvantage to Webull Financial LLC’s self-directed customers who had, before this isolation, enjoyed a diversified portfolio comprising a mix of both crypto and traditional financial products, it is for the greater good. The sale of securities to the public has significant risk and legal implications that warrant this isolation.
Furthermore, based on mutual agreement with specific investors, Webull has an additional insurance policy that covers those asset categories that have significant risk exposure to volatile market conditions. Generally, Webull additional insurance policy covers the permanent loss of digital assets due to infringement of the platform by nefarious characters and which customers had no role to play.
(b) Organizational security framework
Due to legal and financial security considerations, Webull has two separate types of entities: conventional entities and crypto-based entities.
These entities are established to deal in traditional financial products. They include:
- Webull Financial LLC – This is a registered broker-dealer entity for Webull. It is a member of SIPC, FINRA, NASDAQ, and the New York Stock Exchange. It is a fully-owned subsidiary of Webull Corporation.
- Apex Clearing Corp – this is a subsidiary of Webull Financial LLC. The clearing firm Apex Clearing Corp carries out clearing services on behalf of Webull.
These entities focus on facilitating cryptocurrency trading. They include:
- Webull Crypto LLC – This is a subsidiary of Webull Corp that runs crypto trading. It is one of the leading crypto exchanges in the United States.
- Apex Crypto LLC – This is Webull’s affiliate that provides cryptocurrency execution and related custody services on behalf of Webull Crypto LLC.
(c) Legal security framework
Securities trading requires a robust legal security climate to flourish. Webull Financial LLC is a responsible actor in the financial industry. Thus, it is a member of various security and regulatory authorities governing the conduct of affairs within the industry. These memberships include:
- Member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) – Webull Financial LLC, as a member of SIPC, endeavors to protect investors’ digital assets. SIPC protection guarantees the safety of your digital assets investment from permanent loss due to inadvertencies of broker-dealer shortcomings.
- Member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) – This membership raises Webull Financial LLC standards of practice and compliance.
More details about these memberships can be found on the legal disclosures webpage of the Webull Financial LLC website.
2. Conducive investor-friendly climate
Webull Financial LLC strives to provide a conducive climate for investors. The following are some of the milestones in this endeavor:
- User-friendly platform – Webull platforms, both web-based and mobile-based are easy to use. This enables investors to use the platform in a productive, efficient, and effective way. This makes it easy for a new investor to start using the platform within a short period of time.
- Low minimum deposit – with just $1 worth of deposit, an investor can begin trading on the platform.
- Commission-free trading – there is no exchange commission on trades
- Resource-rich learning materials –Webull makes it easy for investors to scale up their level of skill through the provision of free learning materials. Apart from an explanatory brochure specific to each set of financial products, investors can also acquire additional information from the plenty of topical articles on the Webull Financial LLC website.
3. Multiple opportunities
Webull provides multiple opportunities to both traders and investors. These include:
(a) Traditional financial investment opportunities
Investors desire to reap from appreciation in the value of their investment. This only happens when their final investment grows multiple times over their original investment.
To achieve this, Webull avails various investment products for financial investors to meet their investment objectives. These are:
- Stocks – including fractional shares in stocks.
- Index ETFs – including fractional ETFs.
- Recurring investments – regular periodic investments, especially for those who have regular income such as salary.
- Retirement investing – investing for your retirement through the IRA accounts.
(b) Crypto financial investment opportunities
Webull Crypto boasts a dozen plus crypto assets on its platform. There are several XRP alternatives that you can invest in. We’ve already mentioned some. Yet, there are many more that you will discover by visiting the Webull Financial LLC website and the Webull Pay app.
The most unique opportunity is that of fractional coins. If you are interested in investing in an expensive coin such as bitcoin or ether, yet your funds aren’t enough to make it economical, simply buy a fraction of it for as low as $1 of worth.
(c) Plenty of freebies
Lots of freebies are offered on the Webull platform. These include:
- Free trading accounts -no account fee to maintain a trading account.
- Free trading of stocks – you pay no exchange fees to trade on Webull.
- Free stocks – unlike other trading platforms, all eligible accounts get free stocks upon opening.
- Free options trades – free trading options are available to all options investors on Webull. Every new Webull customer is especially invited to make an Options trading application.
4. Supportive features
The following are some of the features that support easy trading and investing on the Webull platform:
(a) Multiple account types
Webull has several accounts, each suitable to a particular need for trading or investing. Major types of these accounts include:
- Individual Cash Account – this Webull account facilitates cash trading.
- Margin brokerage accounts – this account is used by those who carry out margin trading.
- Webull Advisory account – the advisory accounts are opened to enable customers to acquire expert investment advice, including stock advice and risk warning, from Webull Advisors LLC. These accounts are customized as per the requirements of the Investment Advisors Act.
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA) – If you want to start investing for your retirement on Webull, you only need a Social Security Number (SSN) to open an IRA account.
(b) Enhanced account security
In addition to the usual two-factor authentication, Webull provides advanced security features to protect your Webull account and crypto assets from being compromised.
(c) Multiple trading platforms
You can access both the traditional financial products and the crypto assets from the Webull Financial LLC website. However, as of this date of publication, Webull hosts each of these two types of financial products on separate platforms. You can carry out cryptocurrency trading via the Webull Pay app and traditional financial products via the ordinary Webull App on mobile devices.
(d) Multiplatform accessibility
The Webull Financial LLC website, allows you to access lots of website products – both crypto products and fiat products. However, when it comes to cryptocurrency trading, you can only transact via the Webull Pay app on Android and iOS mobile platforms. You can also access traditional financial products such as ETFs, mutual funds, and stocks on mobile devices via the ordinary Webull App.
(e) Around-the-clock availability
Webull provides 24/7 account access times for both the mobile app and the web app, except for the normal routine maintenance time running from 5:30 pm to 6:30.
(f) Powerful trading tools
Webull provides powerful tools for advanced traders in both cryptocurrency trading and the traditional sale of securities.
(g) Instant settlement on cryptos
Unlike traditional financial products, Webull provides instant settlement of cryptos on its Webull Pay app. Thus, you not only save time but also quickly reap from available opportunities when they strike.
(h) In-depth analytics
Webull has advanced analytics tools that enable an investor to assess the past performance of a security product based on both historical data and current market data.
To establish the fair market value of securities and thus be able to predict future trends and hence future results of a given set of investment decisions requires advanced analytics tools. In this regard, Webull provides more than 8 custom charts plus 50 different technical indicators.
(i) Interactive engagement
Webull chat app is designed to promote interaction between traders and investors on the Webull platform. This helps to advance user experience on the platform through the exchange of ideas, information, and experiences.
Yes, you can send crypto from Webull. The following are the four main methods by which you can send crypto from Webull. Read more.